The Nordy is available in four and five string versions known as the vJ4, vJ5, vP4, vP5, vM4, vM5, and finally the Nordy vS guitar.
* These basses and guitars are entirely made here in our own shop in Redlands, California. Every step of the build process (except painting the bodies) is handled by a small dedicated team of very skilled craftsmen that put their best energy into each instrument. We love what we do and we believe that it shows in the finished product.
* We use Nordstrand pickups and preamps in all our instruments, which gives us an unprecedented level of control over how the basses sound.
* All Nordy instruments feature Hipshot USA bridges, tuners, and hardware.
* Every detail is executed with the highed level of attention and care possible to assure that you get the highest quality instrument available at any price.
* We feel our pricing represents an excellent value for small production boutique super high quality bass guitars made in the USA. Please contact us for pricing.
REVIEWS AND AWARDS
Click HERE for a Bassplayer Magazine review. We received Editor's Choice awards for both reviewed basses.
"For an excellent-sounding J-style bass with a few neat twists, look no further."
"A super-slick modern J style bass. Slappers Delight."
Bass Gear Magazine gave a vJ5 4.2 out of 5 for "in hand" testing and 4.5 out of 5 for "on bench" testing.
"Jazz bass on Steroids! Nice balance from top to bottom, and it can bring the growl when you want it."
The vJ4 comes with Nordstrand NJ4 single coil J style pickups as standard with two volumes and a tone (volume, blend, tone is an available option). Scale is 34" with 20 frets, radius is 9" to 14" compound, small vintage style fret wire, 1.5" bone nut, 19mm bridge spacing, and a fast satin finished neck with an Indian Rosewood fingerboard.
Above is a vJ4 in Three Tone Burst, Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard, Tortoise pickguard, NJ4 single coil pickups with volume, volume, tone for controls.
Here is a vJ4 in Candy Apple Red with a matching headstock, White Pearloid Blocks and binding, NJ4SV split coil pickups and passive electronics.
The vJ5 is available in two configurations: Modern and Classic.
The Modern vJ5 comes with proprietary Nordstrand Big Single soapbar pickups as standard with two volumes and a tone (volume, blend, tone is an available option). Scale is 34.5" with 21 frets, radius is 12" to 20" compound, small vintage style fretwire, 1.81" bone nut, 19mm bridge spacing and a fast satin finish neck with an Indian Rosewood fingerboard.
If you are looking for a souped up J bass on steroids, this is it. The slightly longer scale, combined with our signature pickups and proprietary preamp give a sound that is bigger, bolder, and harder to hide in a mix. It's a J bass with attitude.
An Aged Olympic White vJ5 with Big Singles and the Nordstrand 2 Band Preamp.
A rear routed vJ5 with a Figured Maple top, Birdseye Maple fingerboard with Abalone dots, Big Splits and the Nordstrand 3 Band Preamp.
The Classic vJ5 has the same options as the Modern, but it feartures a 20 fret 34" scale neck with a 9" to 14" radius and is available with a one piece maple neck with a skunk stripe.
If you want a vintage J bass built to exacting standards that delivers a strikingly authentic tone, this is the bass for you. The traditional scale length combined with carefully selected woods and exceptionally faithful pickups and electronics will make you swear you're playing a classic four string J bass that somehow had a B string added to it.
An alder rosewood Classic vJ5 in Daphne Blue with NJ5 single coils and passive controls.
An ash maple Classic vJ5 with Big Singles and our 2 band preamp in clear gloss with a closs neck.
Nordy Options: Please contact us for specific pricing and build times.
* Typical wood configurations are ash body with maple fingerboard, and alder body with rosewood fingerboard. Maple necks are standard, and one piece maple necks are available.
* A wide variety of finishes are available from our painter, including options such as lacquer and vintage tint. Various pickguards can be had, including anodized gold aluminum.
* Pickup and preamp selection can be chosen from the wide variety of Nordstrand Pickups offerings, including our own 2-band and 3-band preamps.